PURPOSE: Assist Water Oak Community residents in maintaining a healthy and rewarding relationship with their pets!
MEETING DATES: 2nd Tuesdays of month, from September thru May.
MEETING TIME: 10AM
LOCATION: Satellite Club
|Vice President||Iris Hageney||
Our major projects include:
- Animal Amber Alert – our registration form is designed to help us locate your pet quickly and safely if he/she should become lost. We will take a photo of your pet with your registration and once notified, our “Animal Amber Alert Squad” will jump into action! Please call us right away if your pet is missing or if you find a stray pet, we can check our registration data base and bring them home right away.
- We collect pet food and other pet items to distribute to needy residents and/or local animal shelters. See our collection box in the main ballroom, by the stage, in the Main Clubhouse.
- We host an annual “Pet Photos with Santa” in late November or early December and request monetary donations to support our charitable mission.
- We plan informative field trips to local area Animal Assistance Organizations, Local Animal Shows or Agility Demonstrations and combine it with lunch at a local restaurant.
- Good advice on local health issues in our area is essential for your pet. We can offer recommendations for local Vets, groomers, and kennels based on our own experience.
- Be prepared for a weekend or after-hours medical emergency! If your Vet does not offer emergency hours, call the Veterinary Emergency Clinics of Central Florida, 407-644-4449, for advice. The closest 24 hour/7-day a week Veterinary Hospital is Veterinary Emergency Clinic of Florida, 33040 Professional Dr. Leesburg, FL 34788.
All you need to join us is a love of pets, $5/year dues,
and a desire to have fun with other Pet Lovers!